Gewurtzeminer and Watermelon Gelee and A New Perspective



    I made these gelee shots probably two months ago, but I never really came around to editing the photos and blogging about them. I wasn't happy with how the photos turned out so I left them aside and went on with my recipes. Until now, that is.

    We got a new computer recently and this changed my whole perspective regarding my photos. My photos have never looked so different. Isn't that funny? We have always had PC's but we decided it was time to update and get a Mac. We had been wanting one for a while but were too lazy to do the switch. We weren't sure of how all our files would transfer and that kept postponing the purchase. We finally got one a couple of week ago and I have to say transferring our data from one to the other hasn't been painless, but at least not disastrous.

    I was going through my photos and I found these again. I realized that they looked very different in my iMac than in my PC. Is that possible? Before I felt the colors were too vibrant, too loud, but now I sort of like them.



    The shots were super refreshing and light. I know some might say Gewurtzeminer is for the "weak" but I love it served cold in the summer. Watermelon and all varieties of melon also remind me of hot summer days of my childhood. I suppose I am not the only one.

    I don't even have the recipe anymore but I believe I used about 6 sheets of gelatin per liter of liquid. I sweetened the Gewurtzeminer to taste and the same with the watermelon puree. I have a mini melon baller that I rarely use but I pulled it out of my tool box just for this. I topped the gelees with watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew.

    Definitely season appropriate!

Post Title

Gewurtzeminer and Watermelon Gelee and A New Perspective


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/07/gewurtzeminer-and-watermelon-gelee-and.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List