For Jill



    I am very excited to announce that I am now a contributor for my dear friend Jill's new blog, which is dedicated to chronicle and document her journey in the recovery from autism of her 9 year old son Connor. I will be developing gluten, casein and soy free recipes, such as these blueberry crumb bars and chocolate chip cookies.

    Jill has been asking me to do this for years now, but I was always hesitant and afraid because I was not familiar with the necessary ingredients and methods involved in gluten free baking. I am still far from really understanding all the properties of gluten free grains but this will be a great start for me.

    Connor was unofficially diagnosed with autism when he was about 18 months old. I have to admit that it took me a long time to really understand all that is involved in raising an autistic child. We moved away from Connor shortly after they discovered it, but Jill always kept me informed of the progress and every new thing they were learning. She researched, tried alternative medicine, behavioral therapies, diets, biomedical therapies... she has been relentless in trying to cure Connor. The entire family started a gluten, casein and soy free diet and as Jill can probably confirm, this was difficult at first but has delivered great results and has become a part of their everyday lives.

    So with these new recipes for her blog, I would like to encourage all of those with food allergies to get back in the kitchen to bake. The recipes will be simple, quick, very different from Cannelle Et Vanille, but still very rewarding for me.



    I am shipping the raw cookie dough and the blueberry crumb bars to Jill so the entire family will be able to taste them. There is nothing better than a fresh, out of the oven cookie so I have to ship the cookie dough raw so she can bake cookies as she needs them.

    Please check out her blog for these recipes and pass along her blog address to anyone you might know that needs information regarding autism. She is an endless pool of information. Honestly, my hero.


Post Title

For Jill


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/08/for-jill.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List