Saturn Nectarines, Red Currants and Raspberries



    I just returned from Colorado where I spent a week with close friends. It was a necessary vacation. Colorado always recharges my brain and re-energizes my body. Our friends Jill and Erik were kind enough to open their house to us one more time and we truly enjoyed their company.

    I am working on many new recipes but to start, I wanted something summery, light and fruity. I finally found red currants in the store and of course, I immediately thought of crumble. Saturn peaches and nectarines were also abundant and decided to combine them with the red currants and raspberries for a bit of tart, sweet contrast. I topped them with pistachio crumble and mace mascarpone cream.

    Saturn peaches remind me immensely of summer vacations at the beach. We call them "paraguayos" and they were always part of the snacks my mom used to pack for us in the cooler. Peaches, melon, tortilla de patata... Finished with an ice cream sandwich.




    Saturn Nectarine, Red Currant and Raspberry Crumble

    2 saturn peaches, peeled and diced
    50 grams red currants
    50 grams fresh raspberries (you can use frozen ones as well)
    10 grams sugar
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    10 grams flour


    All these measurements can be slightly adapted depending on the sweetness of the fruit and its water content.

    Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Divide amongst ramekins. Top with pistachio crumble and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until the filling starts to bubble.

    Pistachio Crumble

    100 grams unsalted butter
    100 grams sugar
    100 grams flour
    125 grams pistachios, chopped
    pinch of salt


    Cream all ingredients together in an electric mixer. It will be crumbly. Place on a cookie sheet or in an air tight container and refrigerate over night. I normally make a large batch and freeze it and then I bake what I need. Break little pieces and top the fruit filling with it.

    Mace Mascarpone Cream

    60 grams organic heavy cream
    60 grams mascarpone cheese
    15 grams sugar
    Pinch of mace


    Whip all ingredients until soft peaks form.





    On another note, my little boy got his first real haircut in Colorado. I miss his blonde curls but it was time. He spent time at "Honey's" riding the four wheeler, playing with dogs and pinball machines. What else can a boy ask for right? Thanks Robyn and Paul!

Post Title

Saturn Nectarines, Red Currants and Raspberries


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/08/saturn-nectarines-red-currants-and.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List