Traveling Home



    Traveling home always resets my brain and my thought pattern. It's as if I receive a shot of realism and a reminder of what I am made of. A reminder of how much I need to be close to nature and how one day, I will have my own garden and have my loved ones really close to me. It is starting to almost feel like a necessity to live.




    Autumn was in full force with gorgeous blue skies, changing leaves, but also the rain and the north wind that are so characteristic of the Basque Country. We experienced all of those, which allowed me to photograph beautiful colors. Here are some photographs of places where I grew up and spent my childhood in. Amorebieta, Bermeo, San Sebastian, Dima, Gernika and more.





    It was also a gastronomic tour as usual. Nothing fancy this time. No Michelin star restaurants, only local markets, good ingredients and my mom's touch. Fresh fish right off the boat, farm eggs, apples right off my uncle's tree, plentiful squash, green lemons from Lezama, endless.





    And I have many more photos to sort through and a wonderful 'blind date" to tell you about with Esti. Lovely.

Post Title

Traveling Home


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/10/traveling-home.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List