A Year, Gratitude and a Chocolate Cake



    It's hard to believe that today, this little blog of mine turned one. This has been a very creative year for me, full of surprises, new friendships, new discovered passions and very, very unexpected. The year in which I discovered photography and how it has changed my life.

    Today I learned that Cannelle Et Vanille was voted "2008 Best Food Blog - Photography" in the 2008 Food Blog Awards hosted by Well Fed. Just to be nominated in that category next to super talented bloggers and photographers blows me away. That alone was a real gift to me.



    When I look back at those photos, I realize how unplanned this all was. I didn't sit down for days thinking about starting a blog. I just did it. The recipes poured one after another without too much thought. Photography followed soon after and it has now taken a hold of my life.

    I have many things to be grateful for and many people to thank for all their support and encouragement this year. Helen, Nadia, Jill, Bego y las tres Marias, Robyn, my dear C., Katherine, Bea, ama ta aita, Valerie, Pia, Esti, Deb, Jessie, Amaia, Benat, Ez, Traci... so many people, always ready to share, to inspire and to help.



    I wanted to take this moment to thank all of you who have followed and supported this blog from the beginning and those of you who took the time to vote for me on the awards. It really means the world to me.

    Here is a little celebratory cake composed of chocolate biscuit, milk chocolate mousse, fresh berries and chocolate cigarettes. I shared it with my neighbor Scott who kindly cleaned my camera a couple of days ago (a cake can be very motivating for some!).



    Please visit the Well Fed site to read the full list of winners. And a big congrats to my dear friend Helen for TWO awards. Wow...

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!


Post Title

A Year, Gratitude and a Chocolate Cake


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2009/01/year-gratitude-and-chocolate-cake.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List