... And We Had a Party!

    If you read my previous post, you know we were throwing a baby shower for my dear friend Deena this weekend. Well, it happened and it was fantastic. Too much food, too many desserts but plenty of fun and laughs. Just as always.

    I want to share some photos of the cake and the pastries I prepared. Some of them you have seen here before because I have to confess, when I make a recipe, I tend to make enough that I can freeze and use for future events. Never compromising flavor or texture, of course!

    I took these photos before we set up the dessert buffet because I knew the lighting wasn't going to be very good where the main table was. I was driving everybody crazy with my "please move this... could you please move over a bit..." and so on, but they were patient with me.

    For all of you perfectionists out there, I know that the cake is not iced to perfection. It was hot in my kitchen, the buttercream was melting on me and I had a curly, blonde-haired boy tugging at my leg. So it was not as I would have liked to finish it but nobody seemed to notice, or even better, nobody dared to mention it!


    Chocolate Buttermilk Cake with Chocolate Mousse and Fresh Raspberries

    Vanilla and Chocolate Sugar Cookies Favors

    Lemon Bars with Vanilla Cream and Blueberries

    Mini Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

    Pecan Sandies

    Lavender and Orange Macaroons

    These were a hit!

    It's a blessing to have great friends like these!

Post Title

... And We Had a Party!


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/02/and-we-had-party.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List