Tagged

    My family's pastry shop in Amorebieta

    Well, well, well... Let me start by saying that I'm a very shy person and I never intended to reveal personal information in this blog. I just want it to be a culinary outlet. However, I'm going to make an exception because this weekend I was tagged by 2 bloggers.

    I was confused at first because I am new to the blogging world and I didn't know what that meant. "Tagged for a meme? What is that?". Michelle at Culinography was the first to tag me so she explained it to me. I have to reveal 5 facts about myself and tag other 5 bloggers along the way. But after that, I was tagged again, this time by Susan from Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy so I decided to go ahead and do it.

    The hydrangeas my mom has been keeping alive since she has been visiting

    I hope I do a good job and not be too boring! Here are 10 facts about me since I got tagged twice.

    1) I was born in Clinica Virgen Blanca in Bilbao in the Basque Country, near the Spanish-French border. I lived in nearby Amorebieta all my life until I moved to the US when I was 24. All my family still lives there and I miss them terribly.

    2) I have an outdoor-loving, American husband and a curly, blonde-haired son who keep me grounded. I also have a cat, my parents, 2 brothers, 2 wonderful sisters in law, 2 nephews, 1 niece, lots of uncles and aunts, and about 30 cousins... Big, big family!

    3) When I was in my teens, my parents started sending me abroad in the summers to learn English. I started coming to the US when I was 13. In 1990, I met my adoptive family in Colorado where they took me in for a year while I attended high school. The rest is history. They have become my family in the US and I met my husband thanks to them.

    4) In a previous life, I studied business and economics and even earned an MBA but I was not very good at it since it didn’t really interest me. I don’t know what I was thinking!

    5) Many people are surprised by how eclectic my musical taste really is. From The Stooges to Jonathan Richman, to Elurretan, to The Carpenters, to Jesus Christ Superstar, to Johnny Cash, to Yo La Tengo, Pavement, Sebadoh and an endless list. My dad bought me my first vinyl record when I was 9. It was ABBA.

    6) My mom used to cut my hair until I was 15 years old and let me tell you, I have been traumatized ever since! My teenage years were pretty tough… Oh yes, and I had lazy eye so I had to wear a patch for about a year!

    7) I like breathing the cold air in sunny winter mornings. I love scarves and sunglasses but… I live in South Florida.

    8) I love gardens and hydrangeas are my favorite flowers. However, I have never been able to keep a plant or flower alive.

    9) I am a make up junkie although I hardly ever wear any. When I meet someone I always retouch their make up in my head. I love color palettes although I don't know how to draw or paint. My dad is a painter but I didn't inherit that trait from him.

    10) And last… Just like Bridget over at Bake at 350, I have a secret crush on Bill Murray!

    Was that exciting enough?

    Now, I’d like to tag the following bloggers. I have discovered their blogs recently and have become everyday reads. Some have been around for a while and have many readers so I'm sure they have been tagged before but I'm tagging them again because it's all new to me!

    Bridget at Bake at 350
    Ashley at Artisan Sweets
    Lisa at Pittsburgh Needs Eated
    Ann at Redacted Recipes
    Monica the Pastry Princess
    Lara at Cook and Eat
    Mandy at Fresh from the Oven
    Andreea at Glorious Food and Wine
    Jennifer at Bake or Break
    Helen at Tartelette

    Thank you!


Post Title

Tagged


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/02/tagged.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List