Pumpkin and Bananas


    I was hesitant to post this recipe now although I made it this morning for breakfast. I know it is still winter everywhere else in the country but here in Florida is warm and I have been dreaming about strawberries and nectarines. In my head pumpkin feels too seasonal. My mom is here visiting and she loves my banana bread recipe (she and everyone else in my family!) so she asked me to make it for her. How could I say no, right?

    My curly, blonde haired boy also loves this bread. I make big batches of it and bake it in small loaf pans, then save one for that day and freeze the rest. It's a healthy snack. I cut it up in small cubes and put it in a zip lock bag for him to munch on in the car or in the stroller. He says "ama, coco, ama, coco". Anything sweet is coco for him.



    Pumpkin and Banana Bread with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

    144 grams ripe organic bananas
    144 grams organic canned pumpkin puree
    125 grams sugar
    125 grams demerara sugar
    3 organic eggs
    200 grams canola oil
    200 grams organic whole wheat flour
    4 grams sea salt
    4 grams baking soda
    30 grams organic roasted pumpkin seeds

    Extra raw pumpkin seeds for the topping
    Demerara sugar for the topping

    Roast pumpkin seeds in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Set aside.

    In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, salt and baking soda.

    In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, bananas, sugar, eggs and oil. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the roasted pumpkin seeds.

    Pour batter into the greased molds and top with raw pumpkin seeds and a little bit of demerara sugar. Bake at 350 degrees.


    Since my parents have been here I feel like we haven't gone to visit our cutie pie neighbor Stella as often, so today we wrapped up one of the pumpkin banana breads and brought it over to her. I think she really liked it and she is a hard one to please!

    I have been getting a lot of questions regarding the food packaging I use for my baked goods so I thought I would share that with you. And what is my secret source? None other than Martha Stewart! She has a beautiful line of cookie boxes, ribbon, paper and other crafting products that I go nuts over. You can get them at Michaels or online at Martha Stewart Crafts.

Post Title

Pumpkin and Bananas


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/02/pumpkin-and-bananas.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List