Johnny Iuzzini's Chocolate Chiboust and Meyer Lemon Tart



    I have a confession to make. I have a cookbook addiction. I collect cookbooks. I do not always read them, but I like to have them, touch them and see them on display. Strange since I am not a collector at all and I cannot live surrounded by clutter, but cookbooks... I cannot help myself.

    About 6 or 7 months ago, I read that Johnny Iuzzini (executive pastry chef at Jean-Georges) was coming out with a new cookbook. I immediately pre-ordered it and waited and waited impatiently for months until I received it in the mail. The book is outstanding. Divided into seasons and ingredients, just like I would have written it if I ever wrote a book. Amazing photography, modern simplicity and surprisingly, very accessible to even those who might not have professional expertise. And then, there is the obvious. Just take a look at the cover.




    The combination of chocolate and lemon is one of my favorites. A perfect balance. When I saw his recipe for chocolate and meyer lemon tarts, I had to make it, mainly because I had some meyer lemon curd leftover from one of my last recipes.

    I was especially intrigued by the chocolate chiboust that is baked on top of the tart creating a souffle-like effect. It develops a thin skin but the inside remains very, very airy, just like a chiboust should be. The thin chocolate tart crust with the creamy meyer lemon custard and the airy chocolate chiboust is just perfection.


Post Title

Johnny Iuzzini's Chocolate Chiboust and Meyer Lemon Tart


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2009/03/johnny-iuzzini-chocolate-chiboust-and.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List