Simple Chocolate and Raspberry Pots de Creme



    It has been a very busy couple of weeks and I feel I have not had enough time to answer all your comments and emails. I apologize for this and please bear with me. I have taken on a couple of new assignments that have left little time for any other recipe development or photography.

    Even through all the coming and going, I did manage to bake some simple chocolate and raspberry pots de creme to fill my custard craving. The stress and the rainy weather always make me crave the simple things like bread and cheese, good soup and chocolate. Chocolate in anything.




    My best friend Jill and her son Connor are also staying with us for the next few weeks so we have been really trying to spend as much time as we can with them while they are here.

    Connor is on a gluten, dairy and soy free diet so unfortunately, he cannot taste many of the things I make. However, I did promise Jill I would teach her how to make pot de creme using alternative milks. We will be trying hemp milk soon and I hope I get to share those recipes with you.

    In the meantime, here is this one. Hope you are having a great week.



    Chocolate and Raspberry Pot de Creme

    225 grams whole milk
    225 grams heavy cream
    1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
    40 grams sugar
    85 grams egg yolks
    160 grams bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
    Raspberries, fresh or frozen


    Bring the milk, cream, vanilla bean and half of the sugar to a boil. Pour this over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate is competely melted.

    In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and the other half of the sugar. Temper the hot chocolate mixture into the egg yolks while whisking constantly. Strain the custard through a fine sieve.

    Place some raspberries into ramekins and pour the custard into them. Place the ramekins on a sheetpan and bring this to a preheated 300F oven.

    Place the sheetpan in the oven and pour hot water in the sheetpan. Bake the pot de creme in the water bath until center is set. Refrigerate until completely cooled.

Post Title

Simple Chocolate and Raspberry Pots de Creme


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2009/03/simple-chocolate-and-raspberry-pots-de.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List