Blackberry Cupcakes, Summer Days and the Palm Beach Post



    These past few days have been all about friends and family. J.'s summer camp is over and we have been trying to come up with new activities every day to keep him occupied. Full time job, that is.

    As a child I was quiet, calm and studious. A book or a puzzle was enough for me, but having a boy is a completely different story. The amount of energy boys have is something that I was never quite prepared for. So this week has been all about running, swimming and secret agent games.



    We had a few friends over for lunch and play dates this week, which is one of my favorite things in the whole world. A full house with friends where I get to feed them and chat for hours is how I love to spend my time. So we baked and cooked. We baked a lot.

    Blackberry and millet cupcakes, blackberry and raspberry swirl frozen sabayon and plum and pistachio frangipane tarts.



    I am leaving for New York City tomorrow where I will be meeting with editors and attending the rooftop party at Martha Stewart Living offices.

    It has been a year since the last time I visited the city and I can't wait to get together with old friends and finally meet many others I have gotten to know through blogging. If you are attending, I will see you there!



    I also wanted to tell you about the story that the Palm Beach Post published about me this week. We spent two days talking, going to the farm and cooking and I am very pleased with the result. You can read the online version here. A big thank you to Barbara Marshall for her kind words and the great time we spent together.

    Gluten-Free Blackberry Cupcakes

    makes 1 dozen cupcakes

    110 grams (1/2 cup) butter or non-hydrogenated shortening, room temperature
    150 grams (3/4 cup) cane sugar
    Zest of 1 lemon
    2 eggs
    75 grams (1/3 cup) blackberry puree
    55 grams (1/4 cup) yogurt
    100 grams (3/4 cup) superfine brown rice flour
    50 grams (1/3 cup) millet flour
    25 grams (1/4 cup) potato starch
    1 grams (1/4 tsp) xanthan gum
    7 grams (1 1/2 tsp) baking powder
    pinch salt


    Cream the butter and the sugar together until light. Add the zest and the eggs. Scrape the bowl and mix again. Add the blackberry puree and yogurt and mix. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.

    Divide the batter in baking cups and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes.

    For the buttercream, follow this recipe and add crushed blackberries.

Post Title

Blackberry Cupcakes, Summer Days and the Palm Beach Post


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2010/08/blackberry-cupcakes-summer-days-and.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List