GOOP and My First TV Appearance



    I was on a plane to San Francisco last Thursday when my phone was bombarded with emails, text messages, tweets and phone calls. Gwyneth Paltrow's weekly newsletter on GOOP came out and she had listed Cannelle Et Vanille as one of her favorite food blogs, along with Matt Bites, David Lebovitz, Smitten Kitchen, What Katie Ate, Oh Joy Eats, Pictures and Pancakes, Orangette, Tastespotting and Stay At Stove Dad. What an honor. It's Gwyneth Paltrow after all and I was on her radar. Wow. Thank you.

    And then, today, my first television appearance on Basque cooking show Robin Food aired. Again. Thank you.



    We filmed the show in August when I went home on vacation. The set is located right outside one of the most prestigious restaurant kitchens in the Basque Country. Three Michelin star chef Martin Berasategui is executive producer of the show. He was funny and kind and introduced me to his staff right before we began filming the show.

    I was nervous as can be, but Robin Food's host David de Jorge made me feel welcomed and at ease. We chatted and laughed before the show and then I felt like I had known him for years. We had so much fun during the show and I think it shows.



    We cooked honeydew, cucumber soup with serrano ham crackers and my favorite quinoa milk pudding with wild berries. It was thanks to their team led by chef de cuisine Joseba Lezama that everything went smooth and as planned.

    You can watch the entire show on their website. It's in Spanish, but I hope you enjoy it!

    Eskerrik asko eta Viva Rusia!

Post Title

GOOP and My First TV Appearance


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2010/10/goop-and-my-first-tv-appearance.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List