Goodbye to Summer with a Plum and Almond Tart



    I always find the changes in season very exciting. I am eager to cook with the new fruits and vegetables, bring home new flowers... I found some gorgeous decorative kale stems at my florist shop the other day that took my breath away. I am also known for drilling the produce "guy" about when they will be receiving this or that... it's thrilling to me, like unwrapping presents.

    But autumn also brought the cold virus into our house, getting our little boy sick. I am hoping he will recover soon since we have plane tickets to go home this weekend. So far, so good, so this Sunday, we shall be on a transatlantic plane headed home!




    Before we leave though, I wanted to make a simple, rustic tart with the last of the stone fruits that are available to us. This is simple as can be. Fresh plums baked in an almond batter making a delicious afternoon snack.

    Plum and Almond Tart

    150 grams egg whites
    155 grams sugar
    70 grams flour
    65 grams almond flour
    190 grams unsalted butter, melted and cooled


    Whisk together the egg whites and the sugar until combined. Add the flour and almond flour and mix. Slowly add the melted and cooled butter until it is incorporated. Refrigerate the batter overnight. Place the batter in a pastry bag and pipe it into tart pan. Fill the pan about half way up and top with halved plums.

    Bake in a 350F oven until golden brown, which will take approximately 30 minutes, but it depends on the pan.

Post Title

Goodbye to Summer with a Plum and Almond Tart


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/09/goodbye-to-summer-with-plum-and-almond.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List