A Holiday Bakesale, Christmas Parties and Non-Stop Baking



    December is always a busy month for everybody and this year has been no different for me. This year, for the first time ever in my life, we will spending Christmas away from home. We will be with close friends and family, but nevertheless, away. That means I have to be a lot more organized with my time and get every detail ready before the trip.

    The month has been full of office parties, dinner parties and bakesales. Of course, I always volunteer for the dessert buffets. I can never get tired of doing it. So here is a little sampler of what I have been busy with the last week.




    Curly-cue's school had a fund raising bakesale for which I made some mini chocolate cupcakes. I was impressed with the amount of work that many parents put into these events and I wish I had my camera with me to show you the incredible treats that everyone brought that day.

    We also had a combined Christmas and Hanukkah party at my dear friend Deena's house. My friends seem to really like tarts and comfort desserts so I made a classic apple and hazelnut frangipane tart that we served with vanilla ice cream. Simple but delicious.

    And finally, I made a large batch of chocolate chip cookies for all the kids that attended the different parties. I wrapped them individually in glassine paper with the custom holiday tags that Suann made from me. I love them.



    I hope you are enjoying these days of planning, cooking and dining!

Post Title

A Holiday Bakesale, Christmas Parties and Non-Stop Baking


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/12/holiday-bakesale-christmas-parties-and.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List