A Food Photography Workshop With Penny De Los Santos



    I am excited beyond words to announce that one of my favorite food photographers in the world, Penny De Los Santos will be coming to South Florida to teach a hands on food photography workshop.

    Penny and I have never met in person, but I have followed her work through the pages of Saveur magazine and other publications. It was when I saw her photos of Basque sheep ranchers in Idaho when I decided to contact her and let her know how much I admired her work. I was surprised and flattered that she knew of my blog and from that moment on, we have stayed in touch through blogging and Twitter.



    There is something so real about how Penny photographs food and people. Her organic and non fussy style resonates with me. Her client list is impressive. National Geographic, Saveur Magazine, Martha Stewart, Newsweek, Time, Latina and many more.

    Her photographs always tell a story, a bit like a documentary. Just take a look at this man's face. This photo says so much. I am completely in love with it.



    A few weeks ago, when I learned about her workshops, I realized I had to bring her to South Florida. What a treat and luxury is that! I quickly got one of my old culinary school instructors involved and we were able to have Lincoln Culinary Institute (formerly Florida Culinary Institute) to sponsor it.

    The workshop will be held at the culinary school in West Palm Beach on Monday, February 22nd from 12:30pm until 4:30pm. Please visit here to register and for details or email me at aran@arangoyoaga.com.

    If you want to get a better idea of how the workshop works and Penny's approach to photography, you can read Matt's review about Penny's workshop in Seattle on his blog.

    If you are in the South Florida area, this is an opportunity you shouldn't miss. I hope to see you there!


    All photos courtesy and copyright of Penny De Los Santos

Post Title

A Food Photography Workshop With Penny De Los Santos


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2010/01/food-photography-workshop-with-penny-de.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List