Chocolate, Banana and Teff Cupcakes and A Blog Anniversary



    Two years ago, on a sunny Sunday afternoon, I made a batch of lemon bars and I thought "why don't I start a blog to keep a journal of all my recipes?" and so I did. I barely knew anything about blogs or how they worked. I went to Blogger and follow the instructions one by one and that's how Cannelle Et Vanille was born.



    In these two years, life, the blog, my career... they have all changed dramatically. I would have never guessed in a million years that this is where it would all lead me to. I love that about life, the surprises around the corner.

    The blog has connected me to so many new people that share my passion and continue to inspire me everyday. I love the collaborations and brainstorming that happens even through this virtual world. It is amazing. So this post is dedicated to all of you who read Cannelle Et Vanille day in and day out. It wouldn't have been possible without you.



    Now, can I tell you how good these cupcakes are? And can I tell you that they are gluten free and that it took three batches to perfect them? But so worth it. Very moist, chocolaty and full of great nutrients.

    I first heard of Teff a few years ago when I used to visit a gluten free bakery in Colorado Springs called "Outside The Bread Box". They have an amazing bread made out of Teff that seriously, I would have never been able to tell that it was gluten free if I hadn't read the label. Teff is an ancient grain from Ethiopia that is rich in iron, calcium and protein. It has a distinct rich flavor and dark color that I think goes great with chocolate.

    "Do you want to help amatxu mash these bananas?", I asked J. Once again, he brought out his step stool, got the masher and started mashing those ripe bananas away. Because, did you know that children are 95% more likely to eat those foods they have prepared themselves? I love that. But again, not like I would have had to force him to eat these.

    Chocolate, Banana and Teff Cupcakes

    Makes 1 loaf and 12 cupcakes

    3 eggs
    200 grams natural cane sugar
    300 grams ripe bananas, mashed
    175 grams light olive oil
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    100 grams teff flour
    50 grams sweet rice flour
    50 grams hazelnut meal
    15 grams cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    100 grams chocolate chips


    In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, banana puree, oil and vanilla.

    In a large bowl, whisk together the teff, sweet rice flour, hazelnut meal, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until all combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.

    Divide the batter between the loaf pan and cupcake molds. Bake at 350F for about 45 minutes for the loaf pan and 20 minutes for the cupcakes.

    For the icing, I used my basic buttercream recipe and added cocoa powder to it.

Post Title

Chocolate, Banana and Teff Cupcakes and A Blog Anniversary


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2010/01/chocolate-banana-and-teff-cupcakes-and.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List