Family Business



    I'm not sure if I have ever shared photos of my family's pastry shop here before. It is the one place that truly defines my childhood and I love visiting every time I come home.

    My grandparents opened it in 1949 and my uncles and cousins run it today. Every year, it closes for the entire month of August, something that it is almost inconceivable in the US, but it's been a tradition that locals respect and endure. So here are some photos from the re-opening day. Making me drool.



    I am getting ready for my cousin's wedding this evening where there will be lots of food and wine. It will be our last hooray here as we fly back home this Sunday. I will certainly miss it.

    Also, here is a little feature about me that was on CNN's Eatocracy this week. See you soon!

Post Title

Family Business


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2010/09/family-business.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List