Simply... Lemons


    I feel like I need a little food detox after this last weekend. I have been cooking, baking and eating way too much lately. I need to slow down. And what is my version of detox? Lemons! I know, I know... that's no detox! That's no green tea or wheat grass! I must start slowly and... aren't lemons stringent and acidic enough to eliminate any fat deposits in my blood? Aren't lemons used in detergent to fight grease? So I think this will do for now.



    Oh yes, I did add pistachio and almond crumble and some butter and some eggs and some sugar.... What the heck! We will start detox next week!


    Lemon Curd

    100 grams organic eggs
    35 grams sugar
    100 grams organic lemon juice
    Zest of 1 organic lemon
    8 grams organic unsalted butter

    Whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest together in a bowl. Place bowl over a double boiler and cook slowly while whisking until it thickens. Strain through a fine sieve and let it cool in an ice bath. Add the softened butter and whisk until incoporated.

Post Title

Simply... Lemons


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/03/simply-lemons.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive