Hazelnut Macarons with Gianduja Ganache



    I have been visiting Veronica's Test Kitchen for a few months now, long before I even started my own blog. She has a beautiful blog and now, as most of you know, her own business, Petites Bouchees. That is so fantastic!

    Last week, a couple of bloggers commented on how wonderful her macarons are. I love making my own macarons but I also love discovering what other people are making, so right after I read one of those posts, I sent Veron an email asking her if she was taking internet or phone orders. She promptly responded and I should be receiving my first box of Petites Bouchees around March 10th. I can't wait Veron!

    But in the meantime, I have had requests from friends to make macarons. My next door neighbor is a macaron addict so I made this batch mostly for him. I surprised him early Saturday morning with a cone filled with hazelnut and gianduja macarons. He was very excited and that is what I enjoy the most. I love making people smile and happy and lick their mouths and their fingers... The other box went to Lena, the most amazing photographer who took my curly, blonde-haired boy's photos yesterday.

    Macaron filled cone at my neighbor's door

    We ate these in one afternoon with good coffee and great conversation

    Hazelnut Macarons

    181 grams hazelnut flour
    243 grams powdered sugar, sifted
    138 grams organic egg whites
    3 grams egg white powder
    2 grams fine sea salt
    81 grams sugar

    In a large bowl, sift together the hazelnut flour, powdered sugar and sea salt. In an electric mixer, combine egg whites with the egg white powder and whip to soft peak. Slowly start adding the granulated sugar. Continue whipping until a stiff meringue forms.

    Add the hazelnut flour mixture to the meringue. Fold the meringue into the dry ingredients with a spatula until all incorporated and we get a shiny mass.

    Pipe the macarons onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or silicon mat. Sprinkle some hazelnut flour on top of the macarons. Let them dry for 30 minutes at room temperature.

    Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes, then rotate the sheet pan for even baking. bake another 5-7 minutes.

    For detailed instructions click here and see my previous macaron recipe.

    Gianduja Ganache

    80 grams heavy cream
    160 grams gianduja


    Chop the gianduja into a bowl. Boil cream and pour it over the gianduja. Stir until the chocolate is all melted. Let it rest at room temperature until it cools down and it can be piped. Pipe some of the ganache on a macaroon and top it with another one that is similar size.

    If you can't find any gianduja, you can use milk chocolate and some roasted, ground hazelnuts. Toast the hazelnuts and finely grind them in a food processor. They might even start to release some of the oil and make a paste. That is also good. Combine the milk chocolate, the ground hazelnuts and make a ganache with the cream.

    Macarons before going in the oven

    Macarons after they came out of the oven

    Boxed macarons

Post Title

Hazelnut Macarons with Gianduja Ganache


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/03/hazelnut-macarons-with-gianduja-ganache.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive