Pumpkin and Pistachio Baked Alaska



    Baked alaska definitely has a nostalgic and even kitschy sentiment in my mind. I have many childhood memories of eating baked alaska at the restaurant where my family always celebrated our gatherings. Plaid tablecloths and 80s decor come to mind when I think back at those times. All the kids always looked forward to dessert just so we could watch the waiter burn the meringue tableside. It was almost like anticipation before watching fireworks in the summer.




    This is another one of my leftover series creations. I always have fun taking leftover components and creating new desserts from them. Here are some baked alaskas filled with pumpkin ice cream and pistachio joconde and covered with snow white Italian meringue. I also wanted to finish the gingerbread sugar dough by creating these sandwich cookies that are filled with roasted apple buttercream.



    Do you ever feel like you need time to recuperate from the weekend? We had a great one and I hope you did too!

Post Title

Pumpkin and Pistachio Baked Alaska


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/11/pumpkin-and-pistachio-baked-alaska.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List