Peach, Pineapple and Kiwi Sorbet Trio and Some Summer Songs



    While it has been hot and muggy outside, my little one and I have been on a sorbet making spree these past few days. It all started as a way to distract his attention and keep him away from destroying the furniture. "Let's make ice cream", I told him. His eyes wide open, he smiled... and that's all it took. Everyday after that, we have been making sorbet while listening to music.



    It's the strangest thing how kids can enjoy music that seems too adult for them. When he was born, I bought all the children's music albums I could get my hands on and I played them in the car and at home. That's what I thought I was supposed to do. So for the first year or so, I really stopped listening to "my" music.

    But as he got a bit older and was able to communicate, he started requesting the oddest songs in my iPod's playlist. It all started with The Beatles' "Get Back". "Get back Jo Jo", he would repeat over and over again. Then on to The Jam's "In the City", TV On The Radio's "Wolf Like Me" or Led Zeppelin's "Rock n' Roll".

    So this week, we have been listening to Yo La Tengo's "Summer Sun" while making sorbet. Completely unexpected, but I have to admit that I love sharing music with him.



    We had a bunch of fresh peaches, kiwis and a super ripe pineapple and that's what we used to make the fruit purees. The sorbet recipes below use ingredients that might not be readily available, I know, but the resulting sorbet has such great texture that I keep going back to these recipes.

    Go here for peach sorbet, pineapple sorbet and kiwi sorbet recipes that use solely water and sugar syrups.



    Peach Sorbet

    500 grams peach puree
    75 grams atomized glucose
    110 grams water
    65 grams sugar
    3 grams sorbet stabilizer

    Pineapple Sorbet

    500 grams pineapple puree
    70 grams water
    75 grams atomized glucose
    60 grams sugar
    1.5 grams sorbet stabilizer

    Kiwi Sorbet

    500 grams kiwi puree
    225 grams water
    65 grams atomized glucose
    120 grams sugar
    2 grams sorbet stabilizer


    Method is the same for all of them

    Start by making the sugar syrup. Place the water and the atomized glucose in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. In the meantime, whisk together the sugar and sorbet stabilizer in a separate bowl. When the water comes to a light boil, add the sugar and stabilizer mixture, whisk and bring to a boil. When it starts to boil, pour the syrup into a bowl and let it cool slightly before refrigerating. Refrigerate the sugar syrup overnight.

    Add the fruit puree to the sugar syrup, mix really well and churn in ice cream machine. Freeze.

Post Title

Peach, Pineapple and Kiwi Sorbet Trio and Some Summer Songs


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2009/07/peach-pineapple-and-kiwi-sorbet-trio.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List