Winter, Florida Citrus and a Friend's Tree



    As we were browsing through the weather channel today, we realized that the rest of the country was covered in snow or temperatures way below zero degrees. In the meantime, we are breaking record heat and walking around in sandals. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing as I spend six months out of the year anticipating the cool and sunny winter weather of South Florida. This year, the nice weather has been eluding us and I wish I could trade spots with some of you who are enjoying hot chocolate in front of a cozy fireplace.

    On the other hand, we get this. Beautiful citrus fruit. I cannot complain, that's for sure. My friend N. down the street has a large lime tree in her front yard that produces more fruit than she can keep up with and she was kind enough to share some with us.

    Candied kumquats, lime sorbet, clementine financiers, fruit salads... they are all in the works in our kitchen... and it smells like citrus heaven.

Post Title

Winter, Florida Citrus and a Friend's Tree


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2009/12/winter-florida-citrus-and-friend-tree.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List