Black Cherry and Brioche Pudding Brulee





    I am really getting anxious for summer to arrive so we can get some beautiful stone fruits in. I think stone fruits are my favorite fruits to bake with. Clafoutis, galettes, tarts, roasted, jams... Endless possibilities. But as they say, patience is a virtue and I think I still have a good couple of months before we start seeing sweet, juicy stone fruits in the markets.

    A couple of weekends ago, I walked into Williams and Sonoma and found some sour cherries preserved in syrup. Score! They were quite expensive but these griottes are really worth every penny. So far, I have been eating them straight out of the jar but I must stop before I finish them all. I must get a few desserts out of this one jar! I had some brioche in the freezer so of course my first thought was to make bread pudding, and I did. This was my breakfast today. I couldn't resist!

    I sprinkled the tops with some demerara sugar and burnt it with my super dooper blow torch. It adds a little crunch to the otherwise creamy pudding.





    Black Cherry and Brioche Pudding

    1 cup organic whole milk
    1 cup organic heavy cream
    100 grams sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp almond extract
    4 eggs
    2 small brioche
    1/2 cup black cherries in syrup, drained

    Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract. Cut the brioche into medium size pieces and divide these with the drained cherries amongst your ramekins. Pour the custard on top of the brioche and cherries.

    Place the ramekins on a sheetpan, bring this to the oven and pour hot water in the pan. Bake them in a 300 degree oven in a water bath for about 30 minutes or until the center is set.

    Let them cool. Sprinkle demerara sugar on top and burn with a blow torch. Decorate with extra cherries on top. I had some creme anglaise left over from another baking project and I added a little bit of pistachio paste to serve alongside the pudding.



    On another note, I might have a special guest blogger visit me tomorrow. I am so excited! I don't want to reveal too much in case we cannot get to do it but for now, it seems like she will be at my house on Friday and that we will be baking and photographing together. I can't wait!



Post Title

Black Cherry and Brioche Pudding Brulee


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/04/black-cherry-and-brioche-pudding-brulee.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List