Daring Bakers... Cheesecake Lollipops Part Deux



    I made vanilla cheesecake lollipops for Easter this year so I was surprised when I learned that my second Daring Bakers challenge would also be cheesecake lollipops. I felt the pressure to make something different but how could I? I'm not sure that I achieved anything tremendeously different but I had fun making these again so that's what counts right?

    The Daring Bakers recipe was a plain cheesecake recipe so I decided to give it my own twist and add different flavors. I left some of the cheesecake mix plain with a little vanilla extract but for the rest I used fresh raspberry puree and violet syrup (I have a huge bottle of it that I need to use now). They are all good and in fact my little neighbors loved them. I made little decorations with royal icing, used sprinkles, crushed graham crackers... All fun!



    Cheesecake Pops

    adapted from Sticky, Messy, Chewy, Gooey by Jill O'Connor

    Makes 30-40 pops

    5 8-oz packages of cream cheese at room temperature
    2 cups sugar
    1/4 cup flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    5 large eggs
    2 egg yolks
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 cup heavy cream
    Boiling water
    Lollipop sticks

    In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, flour, and salt until smooth. If using a mixer, mix on low speed. Add the whole eggs and the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well (but still at low speed) after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and cream.

    Pour the mix into the molds (I used the mini half sphere silicon molds) and bake in a water bath at 325 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until set. Freeze the molds and when solid, attach the haf spheres to make the balls. Insert a stick in the middle. Freeze again.

    Melt bittersweet chocolate over a double boiler and when the cheesecake pops are hard solid, dip them in the chocolate and decorate with sprinkles, graham cracker crumbs, etc. I made a tiny bit of royal icing, colored it with different colors and piped into circles, dots, etc. I piped them onto parchment paper and let them air dry overnight. Those are the little decorations you see on top of the cheesecake.




    A big thank you to Deborah from Taste and Tell and Elle from Feeding My Enthusiasms for hosting this month's challenge. And a super big thank you to Lis and Ivonne for managing this "village" that the Daring Bakers community has become. It was fun to try this again and all the kids surely enjoyed them!




    Happy Sunday to you!

Post Title

Daring Bakers... Cheesecake Lollipops Part Deux


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/04/daring-bakers-cheesecake-lollipops-part.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List