Lazy Day Coffee and Chocolate Mousse


    It's been a lazy weekend. No plans, no baking, no noise. It reminded me of summer days during my childhood when everyone after lunch would go to their rooms and nap for an hour. We would open the windows and shut the blinds to block out the sun but fresh air would come in. No noise on the streets, just peace.

    This is one of those desserts I leave for a last minute dinner or a lazy afternoon. It takes literally two minutes and I always tend to have these ingredients in my kitchen. This is my trusty, go to mousse that I use to fill cakes if I'm in a hurry or in this case, to eat by itself with some whipped cream.

    I actually made these a few weeks ago when my parents were still here and that's when I took the photographs. But I had a couple cups leftover in my freezer so yesterday afternoon, while everyone napped, I sat in the den, my cat Luca next to me and I ate one all by myself. I really appreciate now those rare moments that I have to myself.



    Coffee and Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse

    300 grams heavy cream
    100 grams 70% chocolate
    Coffee extract or dissolved instant espresso, to taste

    Whip the heavy cream to soft peak. In the meantime, melt the bittersweet chocolate over a double boiler. Add some of the cream to the chocolate and whisk vigorously to avoid the chocolate to harden. Slowly, fold this mixture into the rest of the cream. Flavor with coffee extract. If you don't have coffee extract, you can use instant espresso (only use a little bit of hot water to dillute it or make your own espresso and reduce it a little bit to concentrate the flavor).

    Pipe the mousse into your coffee cups and serve with whipped cream, ground cinnamon and cocoa powder.





    I was experimenting with my camera in the afternoon light. I like the reflections and... if Luca's face doesn't say "lazy afternoon" I don't know what does...

    On another note, I received two awards this weekend. I want to thank Alfie from Cabbage, Roses and Cupcakes for passing on the Arte Y Pico award to me and Diva from SugarBar for the You Make My Day award. I'm flattered. Thank you very much Alfie and Diva.


    Eta amaitzeko... zorionak Jokintxu... zuri beste mosu handi, handi bat gure partez!


    Update: So I just received my third award this weekend. This one comes from Gretchen at Canela y Comino. Thank you very, very much Gretchen. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. Thank you!

Post Title

Lazy Day Coffee and Chocolate Mousse


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2008/05/lazy-day-coffee-and-chocolate-mousse.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive