Maple and Homemade Yogurt Panna Cotta with Poached Forelle Pears



    I cannot believe that I am actually writing this post in between was seems to be early labor. Contractions have been happening on and off for the last few hours and when I visited my midwife this morning, she said this baby is well on her way. I never thought I would be blogging or tweeting through this (so unlike me), but the excitement is way stronger than I anticipated. I believe nature is wise and that my body was actually waiting for my parents to arrive to really get things going.



    I made this panna cotta a couple of days before my parents actually arrived, but I knew I had to freeze some for them to taste. Poached fruit is one of my mom's favorite desserts and I have fortunately inherited that from her. So simple and light.

    It had been a while since I made homemade yogurt, but for some reason, I have been at it again lately. I've been using yogurt in almost everything and I love the touch of acidity that it adds to the panna cotta. It's a beautiful contrast to the sweet and dark maple syrup.



    So this is it for now. Short and sweet. Like I said before, now we just have to let life happen. I will be back shortly with news, more recipes and photos to share. Thank you very much!



    Poached Forelle Pears

    300 grams sugar
    600 grams water
    2 vanilla beans, split
    1 cinnamon stick
    1 Tbs fresh ginger
    8 forelle pears, peeled



    Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil until sugar dissolves. Turn heat to low and poach the pears (they may not al fit at once) until tender, about 15 minutes.

    Maple and Homemade Yogurt Panna Cotta

    500 ml heavy cream
    150 grams dark maple syrup
    4 sheets of gelatin
    250 ml homemade yogurt


    Place the heavy cream and maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a light boil. In the meantime, soak the gelatin sheets in ice water until soft, about 5 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water from the gelatin and add it to the hot cream. Stir to dissolve.

    Transfer the cream to a clean bowl and let it cool to body temperature. Add the yogurt and stir. Pour into containers and refrigerate until set.

    Serve with the poached pears, maple syrup and some chopped pistachios.

Post Title

Maple and Homemade Yogurt Panna Cotta with Poached Forelle Pears


Post URL

http://mercymadame.blogspot.com/2009/11/maple-and-homemade-yogurt-panna-cotta.html


Visit Merci Madame for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List